We are looking for someone to join our team as our Events Coordinator! We love connecting moms both online and offline and seek to do this through lots of fun events. We are hoping to plan everything from smaller playdates to larger moms nights out and family days, but we need your help.
Along with owner, serve as point of contact for all Indianapolis Moms Blog events:
- With guidance from owner, own and manage all aspects of swag and giveaway sponsors for Indianapolis Moms Blog events, as well as table sponsors, food, and beverage
- Solicit swag and giveaway partners, as well as table sponsors, for events via phone, email, and social media, continually brainstorming and pursuing new partners with assistance from owner
- Manage all aspects of communication with swag and giveaway sponsors, as well as table sponsors, including reminder emails, setting deadlines for delivery, and cultivating relationships through event updates, teasers, and post-event follow up
- Assist in social media promotion (both IMB’s and the team’s) for swag and giveaway sponsors, as well as table sponsors, leading up to and at events
- Within event blog posts (e.g. to announce Moms’ Night Out and to recap events past), ensure accurate inclusion of swag and giveaway partners (as needed and/or promised to partnering brands), as well as table sponsors
- Brainstorm new ideas for Indianapolis Moms Blog events with owner
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours)
- Manage community events calendar and Facebook seasonal events pages, e.g. Summer/Fall/Spring /Winter Events In Indianapolis
- Represent Indianapolis Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Events :: 30% of all event proceeds after expenses, paid within 30 days of the event’s completion
- New sales :: 15% of new business solicited (i.e. image ads, sponsored posts, etc). New business is defined as a business that has not contacted Indianapolis Moms Blog in the past (i.e. via the info account or previous owner outreach) and that the owner does not have an existing relationship with. New sales to be paid upon receipt of payment from the partner.
- Send an email to info(at)indianapolismomsblog.org by March 20
- Tell us a bit about yourself — why are you perfect for this job? Share some ideas with us! Be creative, and be you!