I’m about to let you in on a little secret that will blow your mind. Are you ready? Black beans plus brownie mix equals absolutely DELICIOUS! Okay, just hear me out. I know it sounds super gross. But I promise you that the end result is a fudgey, delicious, vegan, protein and fiber-packed dessert you don’t have to feel guilty about feeding it to your kids! These vegan brownies are sure to be a hit with the family!
Best of all? There’s only three ingredients in this entire recipe and it truly comes together super quick.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 box (for a 9×13 pan) brownie mix (Note: if keeping these brownies vegan is important to you, make sure you look at the ingredients to confirm there is no egg or milk products. I got this box from Aldi.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed really good
- Optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips (Again, if keeping this vegan, make sure the chocolate chips don’t contain any milk products. There are tons of brands that have vegan chocolate chips, I got mine from Trader Joe’s.)
Here’s How You Make Sneaky Vegan Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a 13×9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a blender, blend the black beans with water.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl with the brownie mix and stir until all is combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter and pour into the prepared pan. Then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool before eating and enjoy!
These simple vegan brownies are a hit in our house – even with the sneaky black beans! And I’m sure we will be making them again soon. Do you have a favorite vegan brownie recipe? Share with us – we’d love to hear it!