Ask just about anyone in the Midwest what the best season is here and the question will often be met with an enthusiastic “Fall!” With perfect temps, beautiful scenery, tasty treats, and more family-friendly activities than you can squeeze in, what’s not to love about this magical season? We teamed up with our partners from Children’s Dental Center to put together a list of some of our favorite things to do for this fall around Indianapolis so that you and your family can make the most of this time! And be sure to print off the printable Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List at the bottom too!
Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List
- Have fun picking pumpkins at Tuttle Orchards. Carve and decorate them as a family!
- Make chili.
- Spend time at the Indianapolis Zoo’s Zoo Boo.
- Visit The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis’ Haunted House – BOOville.
- Enjoy an afternoon of fun at Lark Ranch in Greenfield.
- Take a family trip to Conner Prairie’s Headless Horseman.
- Make pumpkin bread.
- Visit a roadside pumpkin stand.
- Take a day trip to Brown Country for a scenic drive through the incredible fall foliage (or zip-line through the trees if you’re feeling adventurous!).
- Drink hot apple cider and hot chocolate (and consider making some spiked).
- Take a picnic at Fort Harrison State Park.
- Make fall themed crafts! Try a pine cone bird feeder, this fall leaf craft, or a thankful tree.
- Take a tour at Trader’s Point Creamery.
- Make homemade Halloween costumes (Check out some super creative ideas on Pinterest).
- Go on a family hike at Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve.
- Go to a Friday Night campfire at Holliday Park (starting this November).
- And while you’re in the camping spirit, take a camping trip as a family!
- Visit Holiday World‘s Happy Halloween Weekends with the family.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Jump in a leaf pile.
- Volunteer as a family.
- Eat apples, visit the animals, and play in the hay at Apple Works. Bake a pie with your apple haul.
- You love them at the orchards, now you can make your own Apple Cider Slushies or Mini Caramel Apples.
- Have a family movie night with classic spooky movies like Ghostbusters or Scooby Doo. Or even make it an outdoor movie night with this Bluetooth projector.
- Make treat bags to donate to the troops!
- Attend Harvest Nights at Newfields.
- Have a backyard bonfire and make S’Mores with the family.
- Make a Fall themed breakfast with these Spider Donuts. Or use this mini pumpkin waffle maker – try using cinnamon rolls in it for an even sweeter treat!
Click the Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List below to print off and hang it up so your family can cross off the fall fun as you complete it! Be sure to tag Indianapolis Moms and Children’s Dental Center when completing the activities so we can share in the fun with you too!
The Children’s Dental Center opened in Fishers, Indiana in March of 2007. We are located minutes from I-69 and are easily accessible by residents of Central Indiana, including the areas of Indianapolis, Noblesville, and Carmel.