I don’t know about you, but days of brunch with my best girlfriends and a really good cup of hot coffee (read: Bloody Mary) are over. Now, I’m lucky if I can drink at least half a cup before someone spills something, breaks something, climbs on (then jumps off of) something, or just, in general, ______ something (fill in whatever verb you want, I’m sure it probably fits). Because I get cangry (caffeine-deficiency-induced-angry), I’ve developed a couple survival strategies I’ve developed to get the necessary amount of caffeine needed to keep me from Hulking out:
- Load ’em up. Put them in your car, and strap them into their carseats. Enjoy your coffee while they are literally strapped to their seats.
- Go through a drive-thru and pick up two coffees, one for you and one for your friend. Take your kids to that friend’s house. Then Leave.
- Take them to the daycare at the gym. Maybe you work-out, maybe you just sit and finish your coffee. Nobody really knows.
- Make your coffee, then put it in the refrigerator. You’re not going to drink it hot anyway, so just get it over with. Later, add ice for iced coffee.
- When you toddler wants a sip of your coffee (because they never want what they have, right? They just always want to ensure that whatever you’re drinking is 10% beverage, 90% their backwash), just give it to them. One sip, and they’ll never care about it again.